Wednesday 9 November 2011

walks and collections - discovering stories collecting stones


I took this photo some time ago and I refer to it a lot when thinking about ways people interact with landscape.  I love the outlines of the figures exploring the stories in the trees against the winter sky.  It was a walk I remember really well - and how my friends and I rounded a corner and came across these horse chestnuts which stood out so strongly against the deep sky colours as dusk fell.  The trees seemed to be so filled with tales and memories... we really wanted to stop and listen...


sometimes you just can't help collecting stones...



or little hats left on the floor of the woodland...



or maybe you have found a feather with every colour in the rainbow inside it - but the colours are only revealed when you walk around and around it and really look closely...




No comments:

Post a Comment